We love Pinterest mainly because it offers us amazing information about things that inspire. And for any homemaker, one of the most inspiring things we can find is to uncover unique recipes to feed our family with. Since it’s summer, many moms are looking for ways to make the season more special. And what could be more special than whipping up some dessert that will match the bright, lovely atmosphere the weather brings?
We have uncovered a unique recipe that you can use as summer sweets: the Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecake Bars from the website, Handle The Heat. These are lovely pastries dabbed with pink, the color of raspberries, giving a tarty, tangy flavor to the usual sweet stuff. Ready to begin? Here are the ingredients:
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages 1/3-less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Now onto the directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your 8×8 baking pan with foil.
- Grind the graham crackers in a food processor or mash them manually on the bowl. Add melted butter and mix them well until moist. Press it onto the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed. Add the lemon juice and zest, eggs and vanilla. Beat in the flour and salt and when well-blended, spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Puree the raspberries until smooth in consistency. Press through a mesh and discard seeds and pulp. Add sugar.
- Dollop the unbaked cheesecake with spoonfuls of this puree. Make swirls with a skewer.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool. At best, chill the cake for at least 3 hours.
Image Credit: Handle The Heat