Did you know that holiday shopping blunders can cost you more that you could possibly realize? A little spending seems harmless, but it can add up quickly and turn into a really big hole in your pocket. Now that the holidays are drawing near, we invite you to take another look at your shopping strategies and guide you to avoid potential mistakes.
Below are 5 helpful tips that will help you save time, money and even stress when shopping for the holidays:
- Shopping without a plan. Stephanie Nelson, author of The Greatest Secrets of the Coupon Momdisclosed that “The number 1 mistake that people make is not planning.” She mentions that even if a person is going out at the last minute, it is recommended that they sit down and plan before they head on their way. Shopping plans are crucial to any practical and prudent buyer. Without it, one is susceptible to overbuying and overpaying. A bit of planning before shopping, no matter what season it is, will help cut down the costs.
- Shopping without a budget. Before you start planning on parties and buying gifts, better start setting a budget. Determine how much you are willing to spend this season. Make a list of what you want to buy for whom, and mark it with a particular price. As much as possible, do not exceed the stated budget—even a cent higher than the listed price can affect your overall budget when you add up the gifts.
- Shopping to impress. It’s tempting to gift to impress, especially when you have the money. We all know the feeling of wanting to give the best for our family and friends, but it shouldn’t be too much than what we can afford. Remember, it’s always the thought that counts, and one will prefer a well thought out gift than a luxury item they won’t need. Choose function over fashion, and as much as possible, pick unique items that will make it more memorable.
- Forgetting the coupons. Coupons are the best way to find a deal on an item, especially when it comes to retail shopping. This is what makes online purchase a greater deal; there’s a lot of websites offering discounts and promos for their products. Check out Karma Kiss’ various gifting promos; we’ve got a lot of ways on how you can lower your gifting expenditure!
- Shopping at the last minute. The worst prices and the worst presents are the result of your waiting until the last minute. That’s when the market seize the opportunity when the consumers are on a high to buy gifts, which is most of the time, whatever they lay their hands on. Holiday Shopping doesn’t have to begin in December—you can actually start now, right here on Karma Kiss!
The post 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Shopping for the Holidays appeared first on Karma Kiss Blog.